Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Soup Tasting

Now that time has passed since the 1st Annual Spokane Soup Swap, I have had a chance to taste some of my soups. I have one quart thawed for our weekend lunches as the temperatures have remained near or below freezing. We have enjoyed the Curried Squash Soup. It has a bit of spice, near the medium salsa degree of "hot". We have also loved the Southwest Chicken Soup. It had two varieties of beans and seemed like a chili with corn in it. It was hardy enough for a meal with nothing added. Last week I had the Chicken Chowder. It was flavored with corn and mushrooms and was tasty. Today I had the Steak Soup. It was full of vegies and very healthy. The recipe was in the Spokesman Review article on February 11, 2009 (http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2009/feb/11/local-soup-swappers-unite/?print-friendly). We have also had the African Peanut Soup. I made it, so I already knew I loved it. Please see our blog linked to www.soupswap.com. Have fun eating your soup!