Thursday, January 26, 2012

Soup Swap 2012

At 6:00 the guests arrived laden with quarts of soup. All talk with introductions and "how do I know you?" or "how do you know Cheryl?". After gabbing about life we began with Mint Juleps. One guest brought homemade french bread, so we were drooling over that. The Gumbo smelled amazing! I was so looking forward to enjoying this meal after its aroma filled my house all day.Soon we were serving up; spoon of white rice in the bowl and cover it with Gumbo. Shortly after I was hearing the comments. They loved it! Although I have a New Orleans heritage with my Mom growing up there, I hadn't made Gumbo in over 15 years. I soon found out what a mistake that was! The flavors had melded together to create an indescribable burst of flavor in my mouth that I call "A circus in my mouth." The french bread was baked to perfection!

After the meal we did our soup talk, then swap.....then more talk....and more talk.....